One of the many complaints people had about Super Bomberman R on the Nintendo Switch was that the frame rate was stuck at 30 fps. After selling surprisingly well last month, it seems that Konami began work on a big update that was pushed yesterday. This update, among other things, boosts the frame rate from 30 fps to 60 fps, an increase of 100%.
The video above does a pretty good job at comparing performance between Super Bomberman R before and after the patch. Note how smooth it looks.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
Are you satisfied by these changes? Let us know in the comments below!