Nintendo of America is continuing to up the ante with its Play Nintendo efforts, the rather decent website that offers activities for young gamers. The YouTube channel is seeing a little more life, and the subsidiary’s Summer mall tour this year is going to have that branding – it’ll be the Play Nintendo Tour.
As further evidence that Nintendo is putting most of its eggs in the 3DS basket this year, the press release for the tour doesn’t mention the Wii U at all. It promises demos, activities and contests themed around the 3DS and some key releases, as follows.
It’s clearly not a line-up solely focused on the latest releases, but follows the agenda of the recent “There’s No Play Like It” marketing campaign; Nintendo is promising that the “massive play area [will be] filled with Nintendo 3DS games and charming worlds themed around classic games and characters.”
The locations and dates for this tour are below.
- June 17-19: Westfield Culver City – Los Angeles
- June 24-26: Arrowhead Towne Center – Glendale, Arizona
- July 1-3: FlatIron Crossing – Broomfield, Colorado
- July 8-10: Mall of America® – Bloomington, Minnesota
- July 15-17: Bite of Seattle – Seattle
- July 21-24: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina – San Diego
- July 29-31: Memorial City Mall – Houston
- Aug. 5-7: Woodfield Mall – Schaumburg, Illinois
- Aug. 12-14: Roosevelt Field – Garden City, New York
- Aug. 19-21: South Shore Plaza – Braintree, Massachusetts
- Aug. 26-28: Tysons Corner Center – Tysons Corner, Virginia
- Sept. 2-5: North Point Mall – Alpharetta, Georgia
Are any of you in the US planning to go along to check out the Play Nintendo tour?