Nintendo surprised many when they revealed that its paid online service was delayed to next year. The company has since then shared some more information about its online service to Japanese publication Famitsu, where they reveal, among other things, that each Nintendo account has to purchase the online service separately — so if you have multiple accounts on your Switch, they all have to pay for the online service.
Here are some other details about the upcoming online service:
- The Classic Game Selection and Virtual Console are two different things
- A title from the Classic Game Selection will include new features
- The sale schedule for Virtual Console for Switch is not yet decided
- Switch owners will subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online for each account, not as a console
- The online service is charged per each Nintendo Account
- Nintendo says to wait for future details on tying various Nintendo Accounts to a single Switch
- The online subscription is purchased at the eShop and through download cards at retail
The Switch Online service will launch sometime next year and will retail for $20 per year (or $8 for 3 months / $4 for 1 month).