Although it seemingly came out of nowhere four years ago, Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps around – and it keeps getting better. You’re still able to send photos that self-destruct after they’re viewed, but Snapchat now offers a range of new filters and lenses keep your friends annoyed or entertained for tens of minutes. So, want to master all those new lenses and filters and go from a Snapchat noob to a Snapchat pro? Here’s to how to use the new Snapchat faces and lenses.
How to use the new Snapchat lenses and faces
- If you’ve been on Twitter, Facebook or even Tinder for the past few months, you’ll have noticed lots of people are using Snapchat’s new lenses to put a weird, crazy spin on their face. From a weird lense that puts flowers around your head and tears in your eyes, to one that appears to set your face on fire, Snapchat’s certainly put a good range of lenses together. Here’s how to use them.
- First, fire up Snapchat and make sure it’s using the front-facing camera. If you can’t see your face, simply top the the camera icon on the top right of the screen and then your phone will switch into selfie mode.
- After that simply tap on your face – on the screen that is – and you’ll see a wire frame briefly appear over your visage. That’s Snapchat mapping your face for the new lenses.
- To get the maximum out of each lense, sometimes you’ll have to open your mouth or raise your eyebrows – but if you’re a dedicated Snapchat user, that’s a small price to pay. Snapchat regularly changes the faces or lenses you can use, so you’ll always have something new to try – and some lenses are even themed or time-specific.
- To capture the image forever, you just need to press on the filter like you would a normal photograph. After that you can send it to your friends, add text or even save it to your camera roll so it can be saved, printed or whatever else you want to do with it.
This article originally appeared at alphr.com